Best Foundations of 2017
We have been spending weeks looking to find the best foundation. We put a participant with 'dry-skin' and a participant with 'combination skin to the test to try the foundations below:
- Tarte Amazonian Clay
- MAC Studio Fix
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation
- Estée Lauder Double Wear
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk
- Hour Glass Veil Liquid Foundation
Dry Skin Participant Response
- "The foam consistency of the Tarte Amazonian Clay worked beautifully on my dry skin type, providing full coverage which can be worn day and night. One drawback of the Tarte Amazonian foundation is that it oxidises to a darker colour throughout the day. I recommend buying the foundation two shades lighter than your natural skin tone and always use a primer.
- I have always loved MAC Studio Fix for my skin type as it provides a beautiful matte finish. The finish is very powdery which can be a little much during the day. However, it works magnificently for a night out in photos.
- Bobbi Brown was terrible on my skin type, it did not apply evenly leaving blotches of product in certain facial areas. Yes, I used primer – it did not help! Other dry skin you tubers have also complained about having the same experience so I know I’m not alone!
- Estee Lauder Double Wear worked well on my skin and did not budge for 24 hours! While it felt a little heavy and did not sit as naturally as Tarte, I think for special events, this could be a go-to foundation!
- I was so excited to try this foundation having heard such great reviews. Unfortunately, Giorgio Armani did not carry much range in the darker skin tone. If you want to buy this foundation, I recommend mixing it with a Chanel Foundation. For me I don’t have time to mix foundations so I will probably stick with Tarte.
- Hour Glass was nice but not as nice as Tarte and Mac Studio Fix. It just didn’t apply as smoothly and evenly as the foundations from Tarte and Mac.
Combination Skin Participant Response
- I loved Tarte Amazonian Clay but it oxidised more on my oily combination skin.
- MAC Studio Fix is just amazing for me, it mattified my T-Zone and does not oxidise. However due to its very full coverage finish, it is a little hard to wear during the day.
- I absolutely loved Bobbi Brown skin foundation! Where has this been all my life? The colour honey matched my skin perfectly and just looked like my skin. I loved the natural and flawless look this beautiful product provides.
- Let’s just say I hated Estee Lauder. The consistency and smell just put me off it initially, then I found it too thick and hard to apply.
- Giorgio Armani was very silky and made my T-zone oily within an hour. A good primer and powder will help control the oil glands (but I just naturally keep reaching for MAC over this foundation).
- Hour Glass just didn’t do it for me. It made my T-zone very oily and the finish was not flawless.
Tarte Amazonian Clay
Mac Studio FIX